Monday 2 May 2022

Why Glastonbury




Why Glastonbury

Check out Why Glastonbury Video on Youtube








Lots of people always ask me why I go to Glastonbury so often, or say is it for the festival, didn't know the festival was on

The festival is not actually part of Glastonbury,  the festival is actually held nearer to Shepton Mallet 


So why do I go to Glastonbury 


How it begin

In 2015 me and my mum were on holiday visiting Glastonbury,  whilst down there we looked around the town and started to visit the area a bit more..

There is a lot of shops in the town that do sell crystals,  if like crystals will deffo find your crystals 

Whilst visiting the shops my mum asked me would I be interested in a crystal healing course. At first I was unsure, although after the holiday I made the decision to yes take a crystal healing course. It was  a three year course, and then can also become a teacher at the end of it.


So for the 3 years I mainly travelled to Glastonbury with my mum for the course, although I was able to visit the town and see other parts of Glastonbury 


Glastonbury Town is a beautiful place, there is plenty to do

You can visit Glastonbury Abbey, walk around and enjoy a nice cup of tea and relax, also from the Abbey can see the Glastonbury Tor. There are plenty of tour guides to the you all about the Abbey. 

You can visit Chalice Wells Gardens, a beautiful place to meditate,  and again relax. Also a shop full of beautiful products like crystals, music relaxation cds

The Glastonbury Tor a beautiful walk , at top of the Tor is the Tower, The legend or the Tor is ale of avalon where us King Arthur to said of gone after his final battle and that he is also buried there. When I walk up the Tor I always feel at the top at peace, it's a moment where I can just sit and think,  not to think about anything else , just to concentrate on myself.

You can also meditate in the Godess temple, a place in the high Street open daily , a quiet place to think and receive blessings and healing.

In the high Street there are lots of shops , crystal shops, clothes shops, toy shops, creative and book shops. 

The clothes people wear in Glastonbury are very colourful and unique. I like to wear the Tunics or tops which can be brought from the Shop Maya, excellent customer service very nice people. 

There are few book shops , books sold can be spiritual about crystals, Buddhas, Yoga, Meditation. Also there are Journals,  beautifully handmade to use as diaries. 

And of course there are crystal shops, all the shops are very different thou and unique. Can get a range of crystals, but the shops don't just sell crystals, there are handmade products like Shamanic crafts, Feather sticks fairies, mermaids.

There is also lots of cafes and restaurants,  beautiful Italian food from GiGis, Vegan , vegaritarian places. Also a cafe called Lazy Gegos is a regular visit for me as I like the Seafood Chouder a fish dish beautifully presented,  and many other fish dishes


Also will not forget to mention the beautiful Artists, who are highly talented , draw so beautifully . I always buy from one particular artist who draws mandalas,  


So there are many reasons why I travel to Glastonbury, there is so many places to visit and relax, it is a place for Self care. Time for yourself,  and lots of places to walk to. 


Also there is a nice place outside Glastonbury is Wells

Ivw done penty videos aroun glastonbury check them out


If you do get a chance to visit Glastonbury it's one place I do recommend.









No comments:

Post a Comment